Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Seeing is Believing

I decided to share my story with the local media because the media can reach a multitude of people. It may be that one man or woman, boy or girl out there contemplating on losing the extra weight and I want him or her to know that anything you put your mind and energy on is possible. I feel if my story, can reach just that one individual that has the desire to do something about their weight but need someone to get them started and if I can, I have accomplished my goal.
People tend to trust in those who have the same struggles and desires. I want the people to see me in the grocery store shopping healthy, to see me on the track walking and to see the pounds shedding.
In sharing my story with individuals, I have heard all the excuses in the world: I can’t change my eating habits, I am diabetic, I don’t have the time right now, or I don’t have the money. My reply is being a diabetic is all the more reason to get the weight off, changing your eating habits does not take a lot of time and the greatest truth - it costs nothing to put one foot in front of the other. I know the story all too well, because it was once my story.
However, the hard reality is that with all the facts and tools to support the fact, the desire to lose weight has to come from within- I know it is that one person out there that has that desire within but needs to see the something tangible. He or she needs to see the average person, through endurance, out here winning this war on obesity to muster the courage to start fighting their own battle and I have decided if I can add years to that one person’s life, I will be the example.

No comments:

Post a Comment