Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Break-Up

Yesterday started the first day of the rest of my life. I have been avoiding this battle for a long time, but I have decided to face it head –on. We are going to call this monster,Obesity, and the gender will be male. I have chosen to create Obesity in the male image, not because I am a feminist, but because Obesity and I have spent the majority of my adult life together. He has monopolized my time with the thing he likes to do most….EAT (lol). I have shared so many special moments with him. We laugh, cry, live and love together, but this relationship must end starting NOW - one pound at a time.
I have made a personal choice to promote a change within me. I want to live a long quality life and Obesity carries so much extra baggage that I have to let him go. I love attention and when we go out, he gets more than me- that’s a problem.
He has monopolized too much of my time. I am special and I love me and my family love me, therefore I am demanding that Obesity free himself from my life, my mind and my body – one pound at a time.
I have decided to create this blog not because of my perfections and successes, but because of my imperfections and need for support in order to gain success. It is hard for me to see my progress without the tangible, so this blog will provide me with the tangible.
Also, I feel that if I am having a bad day and finding it difficult to encourage myself, you can help provide me with that little something EXTRA that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment