Thursday, September 24, 2009

Go Shannon!! Go Shannon!!

I know all are wondering how I did on the weigh in Tuesday. What a workout we had!! My body is sore from all the exercise, but I feel like a million bucks. I did it!!! I lost 5 pounds. Let the weight loss began… I am so proud of myself, especially when I think in turn of the visible of 5 lbs. What weighs 5lbs? A full term newborn, a small dog, a 5lb bag of sugar or flour all weigh 5 lbs. Can you visualize? Paint a mental picture. The road to victory feels so sweet.
I have a busy weekend ahead of me. BET correspondents will be here to check on me and they are going to be so pleased because I am doing just fine. I’ve been asked the question; would I still have the same enthusiasm if all eyes were not on me?? My answer is, without a doubt. I say this because this is a personal choice I have made, long before being chosen to do a documentary. When the cameras stop rolling, I will continue. I have a long road ahead of me. I am passionate about this. I pondered over this for weeks. As I stated in my intro, I plan to break this cycle. Obesity has to find a new place to dwell. You too can do it. Pray about it and meditate on the decision. The hardest part is putting some action into your thoughts and the key is to take it one day at a time. God’s got your back!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I am so proud of you. This is a step that many of us should take to prolong our lives and safeguard against life threatening illnesses. As long as you know that this is for you, you will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon as I read through all your blogs and Profile I can't help but notice how positive you are about this... You have always been a positive person and I have no doubt that you will win this race and continue on after the cameras stop rolling.
    The key to it is having the will power and willingness to want to do it not only because of the cameras and pubilicity but because you have decided that it is the right thing to do. God Bless you and i am with you 100%.
    Take Care lOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete